You Teach. We Support!
Whether you are just exploring the idea of teaching online or you are preparing to develop and teach an online or blended course, the Faculty Technology Center (FTC) and Design & Development (D&D) team offer dedicated technical and course design support for your College one day per week! To adhere to safety protocols, the teams will be providing support virtually during the Fall 2020 semester rather than in a designated College location.
The Faculty Technology Center provides technical support and troubleshooting. For assistance, contact your College Faculty Technology Center representative.
- Getting your Moodle course set up (making courses visible, course creation, moving content, adding TAs, cross-listing, team teaching, etc.)
- Setting up and troubleshooting the Moodle gradebook
- Creating a Master Course or Community Moodle
- Adding activities and resources to Moodle courses
- Matching existing resources and activities to faculty needs
- Setting up a Moodle Quiz (set up, Question Banks, user overrides, restrictions)
- Setting up groups and groupings in Moodle
- Discussing Video and Lecture Capture options
- Troubleshooting items that don’t seem to be working correctly in Moodle
- Setting up Zoom for your course
- Troubleshooting Faculty 360 issues
A designer from the D&D team will provide dedicated support on any aspect of instructional design. For information on how your designer can help, check out the What is a Learning Experience Designer? video. For assistance, contact your College Designer-in-Residence representative.
- Developing course outcomes and learning objectives
- Aligning course content and activities to course outcomes
- Incorporating user experience principles in content organization and presentation
- Leveraging Moodle functionalities to create learning activities
- Determining selection of synchronous and asynchronous strategies based on purpose of activity
- Building meaningful interaction in courses (i.e., student-to-student, student-to-instructor)
- Designing authentic assessments
- Creating rubrics
- Promoting active learning
- Helping select course resources that are accessible and inclusive
- Transforming course content based on different delivery modalities (online and blended)
College Dedicated Design and Technology Support
Click on your College from the list below to meet your designated Designer-in-Residence and FTC representative. Each team member will be available on a specific day of the week to provide faculty support. Click on the “Book Consultation” button to select the desired service from the list provided, a date and time for the consultation, and to enter your contact and other necessary information. Upon booking your consultation, you will receive a confirmation email with the appointment details and Zoom information. If you wish to cancel or reschedule an existing appointment due to unexpected conflicts, please notify the D&D or FTC team member at least two hours in advance of the appointment time.