Online Master of Health Administration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Gain the Skills to Play a Critical Role in the Healthcare System
LSU Shreveport's Master of Health Administration (MHA) program prepares students for professional middle and upper management positions within health care institutions. The program consists of 10 graduate courses covering a broad range of administrative topics. Students will explore various topics, including healthcare management, organizational behavior, healthcare systems, healthcare law and ethics. Coursework may be pursued on either a full-time or part-time basis, with completing the MHA degree possible within as few as twelve months.
The MHA program is accredited by AACSB International the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-the leading accreditation agency for business schools in the United States.
Finish in as Few As 12 Months
Designed to be flexible and convenient for working professionals, features accelerated course work and multiple start dates per year.
The LSUS MHA was rated as one of the top 25 healthcare administration master’s programs by bestmastersprograms.org.
LSUS was ranked as #2 out of the most affordable online degree programs that are offered nationwide by the Best Master’s Degrees’ ranking.
AACSB International Accredited
The MHA program is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the leading accreditation agency for business schools in the United States.
“One of my favorite parts of the LSU Shreveport's Master of Health Administration program was the course structure – 10 courses, taken in any order, for 7 weeks at a time, up to 2 at a time - this allowed me to build my schedule around my personal peaks-and-valleys times and ensure I always had enough time for coursework and studying. I was immediately able to connect what I was learning to my daily work and apply some of the concepts from readings/lectures/discussions in my client implementation work."
LSUS MHA Graduate of 2021
Explore This Program
Cost Online Master of Health Administration
The Master of Health Administration online program offers affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition. All fees are included in the total tuition.
Total credit hours per program: 30 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $416
Total cost with fees: $12,473.90*
*Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
Course Listings Online Master of Health Administration
LSU Shreveport's 100% online MHA program consists of 10 graduate courses as noted below.
|MHA Core: 10 courses||Credit Hours|
|MHA 701: Healthcare Organizational Behavior||3|
|MHA 702: Healthcare Human Resource Management||3|
|MHA 703: Healthcare Law and Ethics||3|
|MHA 704: Healthcare Marketing||3|
|MHA 705: Healthcare Informatics||3|
|MHA 706: Healthcare Finance||3|
|MHA 707: Healthcare Systems||3|
|MHA 708: Healthcare Policy||3|
|MHA 709: Healthcare Strategic Management||3|
|MHA 710: Healthcare Economics||3|
|Total Required Hours||30|
Optional Foundation Courses
The MHA foundation courses are optional one-credit-hour classes graded on a pass/fail basis. You are encouraged to enroll in one or more of the foundation courses if you have not taken undergraduate courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and/or Statistics. These courses are designed to provide the necessary background and information for success in the required MHA courses. Enrollment in MHA Foundation courses is determined by the student and should be based on the student's undergraduate degree, job experience, and related skill set. The four optional foundation courses do not count towards the ten required courses in the MHA degree program.
The MHA Foundation Courses:
- Economics 500
- ISDS 500
- Accounting 500
- Finance 500
Admission Requirements Online Master of Health Administration
Students interested in the online Master of Health Administration program must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE—to email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
**Please use ETS institution code 6355 when submitting GMAT scores to LSUS.
Career Opportunities Online Master of Health Administration
- Chief Operations Officer
- Clinic Manager
- Department or Division Director
- Department or Division Manager/Supervisor
- Facility Manager
- Health Care Consultant
- Health Services Manager
Accreditation Online Master of Health Administration
The College of Business at Louisiana State University Shreveport is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5 percent of all business schools worldwide meet AACSB International's demanding standards.
What Will I Learn? Online Master of Health Administration
The online MHA program consists of 10 graduate courses covering a broad range of administrative topics to assist students in gaining a competitive edge in their healthcare careers.
Topics covered in this degree include:
- Healthcare organizational behavior and human resource management
- Healthcare marketing
- Informatics and strategic management
- Healthcare economics and finance
- Healthcare systems, law and ethics, and policy
Why Choose This Program? Online Master of Health Administration
- The MHA Program at LSUS fully accredited by SACS-COC and AACSB.
- We are ranked as one of the top programs in the country for program quality, excellence, and affordability.
- Students who take two classes every seven weeks (for a total of four classes per term/semester) generally complete the program in as few as twelve months.
- All coursework, including exams, is completed 100% virtually.