Online Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Advance Your Career in Healthcare Analytics
Offered through LSU Online and the LSU College of Engineering, the online Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics is designed for engineers, information technology professionals, and healthcare professionals looking to change the healthcare landscape through research and analytical skills. Healthcare data analysts provide actionable insights that drive and optimize operational management, process improvements and growth strategies for healthcare organizations. Ultimately, they play a vital role in improving the quality of healthcare and patient outcomes, increasing the efficiency and lowering the cost of healthcare and enhancing the patient experience.
Healthcare and technology are two of the fastest-growing sectors in the U.S. economy in terms of career outlook.
This graduate certificate doesn’t require a specific bachelor of science and students will receive hands-on training and experience to develop technical and soft skills required for healthcare data analyst careers.
This program is offered in partnership with Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. The coursework was developed and reviewed with OLOL MDs and executives to reflect the current needs of the healthcare industry.
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
No GRE required for admission.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Mentorship from highly qualified, professionally certified faculty with healthcare experience
Explore This Program
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn More.
Total credit hours per program: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $750
Total cost with fees: $9,000
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
- IE 4362 - Advanced Engineering Statistics
- IE 7361 - IE Research Methods | Credit Hours: 3
- IE 7429 - Analytics and Data Science | Credit Hours: 3
- ISDS 7301 - Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
The below course can be used as a substitute if an applicant has credit in ISDS 7301:
- ISDS 7302 – Predictive Analytics | Credit Hours: 3
The below course can be used as a substitute if an applicant has credit in IE 4362:
- IE 4120 – Healthcare Engineering | Credit Hours: 3
Total: 12 Credits
Although there are no restrictions regarding the major area of study pursued in the baccalaureate program, graduates of curricula outside the program area will be required to satisfy prerequisite requirements in the program area. This prerequisite work will not carry graduate credit but is intended to satisfy deficiencies. The number of courses required will depend on the student's background and preparation; such requisite courses may have prerequisites that need to be fulfilled prior to enrolling in those courses.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent foreign institution
- At least a 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA overall in their undergraduate courses and in any graduate work already completed
- Official transcripts of all previous college or university work
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Personal statement
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Clinical Analyst
- IT Analyst
- Medical Manager
- Health Services Manager
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Data Scientist
- Data Solutions Architect
- Database Systems Administrators
- Health Informatics Data Analyst
- Healthcare Analytics Manager
- Healthcare Economist
- Information Security Analysts
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Process Improvement Specialist
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online healthcare analytics graduate certificate will learn to interpret and evaluate data to improve the quality of healthcare.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Linear regression and correlation, curvilinear regression, analysis of variance and factorial experiments
- The analysis of industrial engineering research and improvement initiatives through planned data collection using laboratory and field studies, basic approaches to data presentation and analysis, IRB, HIPAA and other regulatory policies, and practical aspects of experiment execution
- Analytics and machine learning techniques and applications within industrial engineering
- Data warehousing; use of big data in business; storage and retrieval of data in business; descriptive analytics for business; business intelligence tools
Job Skills and Software Knowledge:
- Mathematics and statistics
- Data storage and sharing methods such as data warehousing and mining
- Database programming languages such as R and SQL
- Database and reporting software such as Excel
- Python for data manipulation
- Data analytics tools such as Tableau and Sisense
- Data visualization tools such as dashboards
- Data management applications
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics?
Since healthcare is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country, there is ample opportunity to advance your career in this field. The online graduate certificate in healthcare analytics from LSU provides a convenient, affordable way for you to level up your skills without having to earn a new degree.