Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Elevate Your Career as a Nonprofit Leader
The online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration is offered through LSU Shreveport. This comprehensive certificate empowers professionals with the skills and expertise needed to lead nonprofit organizations toward success. Our course designers developed the curriculum using the Nonprofit Academic Centers Council’s Graduate Curricular Guidelines, integrated with feedback from nonprofit industry leaders. The online program curriculum focuses on fundraising, board development, grant writing, financial management, and more. Graduates will gain in-demand skills to advance their careers as Development Directors, Program Directors, Executive Directors, Volunteer Managers, or Operations Managers.
Enhance Your Expertise
Apply all 12 credit hours towards the MS in Nonprofit Administration degree.
The 100% online program features a flexible format that is ideal for working professionals.
Receive support from a dedicated Student Success Coach from application to graduation.
We offer all students competitive tuition rates with no out-of-state fees.
Nonprofit professionals without a masters degree will find the Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration appealing because it is a comprehensive program covering topics in fundraising, financial management, and board development. The program allows students to gain an abbreviated knowledge of nonprofit management at the masters level and students can apply the 12 credits toward completing the 33 credit hour masters program."
Heather Carpenter, PhD
Executive Director, Institute for Nonprofit Administration & Research, Louisiana State University Shreveport
Explore This Program
Cost Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
Cost may be reduced if transfer courses apply.
Total credit hours: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $373.44
Total cost with fees: $4,481.28
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Course Listing Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
|NPA 602 - Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector||3|
|NPA 634 - Nonprofit Boards and Leadership||3|
|NPA 661 - Nonprofit Financial Oversight||3|
|NPA 662 - Fund Development and Grants||3|
Admission Requirements Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
Students interested in the online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration must first follow the admission requirements below to be accepted into LSUS Graduate School.
- Submit the graduate application and $20 application fee
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 3.0 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND at least three years of professional work experience as verified by a professional resume,* OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in last 60 semester hours of courses, AND
- a minimum GMAT score of 450 ** AND
- a minimum score of 1,000 points based on 200 points times the GPA plus the GMAT score (for example, an overall 2.5 GPA and a 500 GMAT would result in a total of 1,000, which is acceptable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any other required official documents
Official transcripts, official test scores, and other materials that come from third-party sources should be mailed to:
Admissions and Records Office
One University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
Transcripts may also be submitted via secure means—e.g., eSCRIP-SAFE— to email@example.com.
To be considered for admission to any of our graduate programs, students must first meet the LSUS Graduate School admission requirements.
Graduate School Admission:
Unconditional Admission: For unconditional admission to graduate study, students must be in satisfactory standing at the last institution attended and meet all admission requirements of a degree program and one of the following:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, OR
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with minimum 2.5 overall GPA or minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required on any graduate work attempted with no grades of D or F.
International applicants must meet regular admission requirements for their selected program. In addition, you may be required to submit additional information. Learn more about international admission requirements.
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. The LSUS Admissions Committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience.
Career Opportunities Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
- Development Director
- Administrative Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Executive Director
- Volunteer Manager
- Operations Manager
- Head of Fundraising
What Will I Learn? Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
Students enrolled in the online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration will learn essential skills and knowledge necessary to become leaders in the nonprofit sector.
Students in this program will learn to do the following:
- Examine the nonprofit, philanthropic sector, and civil society’s influence on social institutions
- Analyze effective nonprofit administration practices such as nonprofit boards and leadership, nonprofit finance, fund development and grants, and nonprofit law
- Enhance the administration capabilities of nonprofit organizations
Why Choose This Program? Online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
Why choose LSU Shreveport’ online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration?
LSU Shreveport's online Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Administration is ideal for nonprofit professionals interested in advancing their skills and knowledge in the field. The program is entirely online and allows students to complete coursework from anywhere. This format is especially beneficial for working professionals or those with other commitments. This nonprofit administration certificate will prepare graduates for leadership roles in the nonprofit sector and may provide them with a competitive edge in the job market. Additionally, the program is affordable and offers competitive tuition rates to all students.