Master of Library and Information Science Instructor, Dr. Edward Benoit III, Receives ALISE Excellence in Teaching Award
Dr. Edward Benoit III, a distinguished faculty member at Louisiana State University (LSU), has been awarded the prestigious Association of Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) Excellence in Teaching Award. This achievement underscores his contributions to library and information science education.
Dr. Benoit's accomplishment highlights LSU's online Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), and his success adds to the program's overall value.
About Dr. Edward Benoit III
The ALISE Excellence in Teaching Award recognizes educators who go above and beyond their jobs by nurturing student-centered thinking, contributing to curriculum design, and building lasting relationships with their students. Dr. Benoit embodies the profession's core principles, including promoting intellectual freedom and privacy and emphasizing the importance of libraries and information work. Moreover, his teaching methods and forward-thinking approach have made him a model of excellence in the field of library and information science.
Dr. Benoit, along with Drs. Roeshley and Thiele, received the honor of presenting at the 2023 ALISE Annual Conference their research findings about student success using the LSU Online model. Their research paper, titled "Consistency Matters: Comparing Term-based and Semester-based Online MLIS Education," was also selected for publication by ALISE. The paper sheds light on the effectiveness of different online program delivery formats and suggests ways to improve student learning outcomes in online MLIS education.
Explore the Online Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) from LSU
The LSU online MLIS program is at the heart of the award-winning educator's work. The program equips students with the knowledge they need to thrive in the ever-changing library and information science landscape.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: LSU’s online MLIS program is a non-thesis program that provides a solid foundation in various aspects of information science. Students learn about information theory, retrieval skills, information technology, information organization, information behavior, and more.
- Flexibility: With 100% online coursework, students can pursue their MLIS from anywhere in the world. This flexibility makes it ideal for those looking to advance their careers while balancing other commitments.
- Graduate Certificates: Students can further supplement their education by earning online Graduate Certificates in Archival Studies or Records and Information Management alongside their MLIS degree.
- Practical Application: LSU's program blends theoretical knowledge with practical skills, preparing students to excel in diverse working environments.
If you're eager to make a difference in the field, consider earning the online Master of Library and Information Science from LSU. Learn more about the program, or apply today!
Ready to reach your goals?
Take the first step forward by completing the form and our enrollment team will contact you soon to discuss:
- What program meets your academic and career goals
- Financial aid options (employer funding, military benefits)
- Receiving credit for past education (transfer, professional development)
- The admissions process and timeline