Online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Understand the Relationship Between the Environment and Human Health
The Online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences from LSU Online prepares professionals to optimize resources while maintaining environmental health and safety compliance. Students will gain a deep understanding of complex environmental health and safety issues, health regulations and risks. Graduates can find rewarding careers as environmental health leaders in private companies, state agencies and federal agencies.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
Employment in the field is expected to rise 11% through 2026.*
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Explore This Program
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn more.
Total credit hours per program: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $546
Total cost with fees: $6,552
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
- ENVS 4101 - Environmental Chemistry | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 4477 - Environmental Toxicology | Credit Hours: 3 OR ENVS 4500 - Health Effects of Environmental Pollutants | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7112 - Marine Ecotoxicology | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7700 - Integrated Environmental Issues | Credit Hours: 3
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale.
- Applicants must have completed Biology, Chemistry, and Statistics. Organic Chemistry is highly recommended.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores of at least 213 (computer), 550 (paper), or 79 (Internet), or IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are encouraged, but substitutions will be considered for exceptional applicants.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our graduate certificate program fits your interests and goals.
- Health and Safety Specialist
- Director of Public Health
- Environmental Health Manager
- Environmental Specialist
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online certificate in environmental health sciences will acquire a deeper knowledge of the correlation between the environment and public health.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Chemical principles applied to the study of the distribution, reactivity and toxicity of chemical species in the environment
- Introduction to the basic principles of environmental toxicology; applications of these principles in industrial and other job-related environments
- Marine pollution and toxicology of industrial and non-point sources materials related to ecological risk assessment in costal and marine areas; biological processes and wastes in the ocean; physicochemical processes and wastes in the ocean; laboratory and field techniques in epibiotic, endobiotic and fecal-sestonic habitats
- Multidisciplinary analysis of a current environmental issue. Discussion of topics from the perspectives of natural science, economics, social science and political science
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences?
Now is the time to join this growing field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment is expected to rise 11% through 2026. With LSU’s online certificate in environmental health sciences, you can obtain the knowledge and skill set needed to make a difference in your community and pursue a rewarding career. Our flexible courses and competitive tuition rates help students earn this certificate with less stress.