Online Graduate Certificate in Environmental & Energy Policy
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Solutions to Environmental Issues.
The Online Graduate Certificate in Environmental & Energy Policy from LSU Online provides graduates with a deep knowledge of the local, state, national, and international management of major environmental issues. By gaining a deep understanding of the market and regulatory forces that govern both renewable and non-renewable energy resources, graduates will be positioned to become leaders in addressing urgent energy and environmental policy problems.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Value Colleges.
Complete the certificate in as little as one year.
Receive a dedicated coach from application to graduation.
Explore This Program
Total credit hours per program: 12 credit hours
Cost per credit hour: $546
Total cost with fees: $6,552
LSU Online offers several ways to help you pay for your degree including credit for prior learning (PLA), financial aid, and veteran education benefits. Learn more.
The total cost above does not include transfer credit or financial aid. Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Fee schedules may vary by program depending on course-specific fees for proctoring and/or books. Please contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
- ENVS 4261 - Energy and the Environment | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7041 - Environmental Policy and Analysis | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7043 - Environmental Law and Regulation | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 7700 - Integrated Environmental Issue | Credit Hours: 3
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale.
- Applicants must have completed Biology, Chemistry, and Statistics. Organic Chemistry is highly recommended.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores of at least 213 (computer), 550 (paper), or 79 (Internet), or IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are encouraged, but substitutions will be considered for exceptional applicants.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our graduate certificate program fits your interests and goals.
- Environmental Planner
- Public Policy Analyst
- Environmental Specialist
- Compliance Officer
- Environmental Policy Analyst
- Policy Manager
- Project Manager
What Will I Learn?
Students who earn an online certificate in environmental and energy policy will gain an understanding of how the natural environment is affected by relationships between various systems and entities.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Methods of stationary power generation; pollution related to fuel production, transportation and use; energy use and pollution problems related to transportation
- Management-oriented approach to major phases of environmental policy; formulation, implementation, evaluation; theoretical bases and analytical techniques
- Introduction to basic principles of federal and state laws, regulations and court decisions involving pollution of the environment, including the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Oil Pollution Act; current topical legal developments
- Multidisciplinary analysis of a current environmental issue. Discussion of topics from the perspectives of natural science, economics, social science and political science. Integration and synthesis of information to develop a science-based approach to environmental decision-making
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU’s online Graduate Certificate in Environmental & Energy Policy?
This certificate is ideal for students who want to make a difference in the world. After completing the program, students will have a thorough understanding of global sustainability and environmental challenges, as well as the ability to address these issues with real solutions. Classes are 100% online, flexible, and convenient for working professionals.