Online Associate of Arts in Social Sciences
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Total Credit Hours
Cost Per Credit Hour
Become the Expert in Human Behavior
Expand your mind in two years by earning the online Associate of Arts in Social Sciences, offered through LSU Eunice and LSU Online. Under the Division of Liberal Arts, this program covers the study of human behavior in all its glory and complication. The interrelationship of individuals and societal, political, and economic systems is now more relevant than ever. With this degree, also known as the Associate of Arts Louisiana Transfer, students may seamlessly transfer their successfully completed 60 credit hours to earning a bachelor's degree at the junior-year level at a 4-year public university in Louisiana. Additionally, students enrolled in the online Associate of Arts have the option (as needed) to experience a more personalized approach with continual staff engagement through the nationally-recognized Pathways to Success program.
Experience dedicated support from a personal coach.
Receive flat-rate tuition nationwide.
Flexible formats allow you to join the LSU community from anywhere.
Seamlessly transfer your completed Associate Degree to earn your Bachelor’s.
Explore This Program
The final cost of this program will be determined once all transfer credits are evaluated. For this program, you are able to transfer up to 45 credits (eligible to transfer).
Total credit hours: 60 credit hours
Cost per credit hour (with fees): $213
Total cost with fees, and the maximum amount of eligible credits allowed to transfer into the program: $3,195
Total cost with fees, no transfer credits, and no financial aid: $12,780
Cost per credit hour and fees are subject to change. Exact fees may vary by program. Please consult an Enrollment Coach for the final program cost.
- MATH 1015 Applied College Algebra | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 1001 English Composition | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 1002 English Composition | Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 1425 Elementary Statistics | Credit Hours: 3
- ENVS 1126 Intro to Environmental Sciences | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST 1061 Fundamentals of Communication | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 2020 A Survey of English Literature from the Beginnings to 1798 | Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 2022 A Survey of English Literature from 1798 to the Present | Credit Hours: 3
- PSYC 2000 Intro to Psychology | Credit Hours: 3
- BIOL 1001 General Biology | Credit Hours: 3
- BIOL 1002 General Biology | Credit Hours: 3
- SOCL 2001 Introductory Sociology | Credit Hours: 3
- CMST 2010 Interpersonal Communication | Credit Hours: 3
- GEOG 1001 Human Geography: World Regional Geography | Credit Hours: 3
- POLS 2051 American Government | Credit Hours: 3
- SOCL 2501 Current Social Problems | Credit Hours: 3
- PHIL 1000 Introduction to Philosophy | Credit Hours: 3
- HIST 1001 Western Civilization to 1500 | Credit Hours: 3
- HIST 1003 Western Civilization since 1500 | Credit Hours: 3
- MUSC 1751 Music Appreciation | Credit Hours: 3
Requirements for Freshmen
Applicants for admission to the freshman class are normally required to submit scores on the American College Test (ACT) in order to be placed at the appropriate levels in freshman courses, for counseling, and for selection of scholarship recipients.
Graduates of state-approved high schools or those who hold a G.E.D or HiSET and have not attended another college or university will be considered for admission when they have made application.
Louisiana residents who are not graduates of state-approved high schools and have not attended another college or university may apply for admission by submitting their G.E.D. or HiSET transcript.
Louisiana residents who have graduated from a high school not approved by the State Department of Education or who do not have a G.E.D. or HiSET can be admitted under the Ability to Benefit provision.
Requirements for Transfer Students
Applicants must have satisfactory records in other colleges and universities to apply for admission.
Louisiana residents who have attempted fewer than 12 hours of college credit will be considered on the same basis as a student who earns a similar record at LSU Eunice.
All transfer students must be eligible to re-enroll at the last college or university last attended.
For additional information on admission requirements, please visit LSUE's Admission Portal.
- Social Services Worker
- Administrative Assistant
- Research Assistant
- Community Service Manager
- Teaching Assistant
What Will I Learn?
Students enrolled in the online Associate of Arts in Social Sciences program will get an introduction to the study of societal, economic, and political systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Earn an Associate of Arts degree with a significant general education core, designed to also serve as preparatory education for transfer to a related bachelor’s program
- Take a variety of general education and major-specific courses as part of the Associate of Arts Louisiana Transfer degree program
- Begin and complete a post-secondary education through online and hybrid degree courses, accelerated learning formats, and prior learning assessments
- Develop your knowledge and skills relevant to the field of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Why Choose This Program?
Why choose LSU Eunice’s online Associate of Arts in Social Sciences?
The online social sciences associate degree from LSUE provides a thorough introduction to the study of human behavior. Upon program completion, the credit hours you earn can be transferred to any 4-year public university in Louisiana. This process offers a more affordable way to earn your bachelor’s degree.