The APPQMR workshop is offered in two formats: a fully online two-week asynchronous workshop and as a daylong live/synchronous workshop. Currently, the daylong workshop is facilitated via Zoom to adhere to safety social distancing protocols. Eventually, this version of the workshop will be offered face-to-face.
- August 10, 2021; 8:30am-4:30pm; Zoom
(Canceled due to low registration)
- October 12-27, 2021; two-week fully online asynchronous workshop facilitated in Canvas learning management system
- February 8-22, 2022; two-week fully online asynchronous workshop facilitated in Canvas learning management system
Note: participants report spending 15 to 20 hours per week on APPQMR activities
(See information below to register)
The Quality Matters' flagship workshop on the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning. In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Higher Education Rubric, Sixth Edition to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether a sample course meets selected QM Rubric Specific Review Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing Annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Registration for the workshop will close one week prior to the scheduled session or once capacity is reached. This workshop will run contingent on the enrollment of 6 or more registrants. If a quorum of 6 has not been established one week prior to the session, we will cancel the workshop and notify registrants.
To register for the APPQMR workshop, please create your Quality Matters (QM) account and register for the workshop through the QM website.
- See the QM Self-Register document for instructions.
- Be sure to select the correct institution that you are affiliated with or you will not be able to see the workshop listed. For example, if you are affiliated with LSU A&M, select “Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College (LA).”
Note: Individual registrants are not charged a fee for participating in this workshop. Select the “dedicated training” option when registering. You should not be prompted to pay. However, Quality Matters charges each registrant’s institution a $25 technology fee for the two-week asynchronous workshop format. If you cannot participate and would like to cancel your registration, please email Hala Esmail (email@example.com) and Jennifer Page (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than two business days prior to the first day of the workshop. Otherwise, or your institution will be billed for the $25 fee.