This workshop will be facilitated via Zoom to adhere to safety social distancing protocols. Eventually, this workshop will be offered face-to-face.
- February 23, 2021; Zoom
- March 5, 2021; Zoom
- April 22, 2021; 8:30am-4:30pm; Zoom
(Canceled due to low registration)
- August 10, 2021; 8:30am-4:30pm; Zoom
(See below for registration information)
The Quality Matters' flagship workshop on the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning. In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Higher Education Rubric, Sixth Edition to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether a sample course meets selected QM Rubric Specific Review Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing Annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Per Quality Matters guidelines:
- This workshop will not be recorded.
- In order to receive a Certificate of Completion, participants must attend the entire workshop and have their video enabled. There will be time for breaks and lunch.
Note: Registration for the workshop will close one week prior to the scheduled session or once capacity is reached. This workshop will run contingent on the enrollment of 6 or more registrants. If a quorum of 6 hasn’t been established one week prior to the session, we will cancel the workshop and notify registrants.
To register for the APPQMR workshop, please complete the following steps:
1. Create your Quality Matters (QM) account and register for the workshop through the QM website.
- See the QM Self-Register document for instructions.
- Be sure to select the correct institution that you are affiliated with or you won’t be able to see the workshop listed. For example, if you are affiliated with LSU A&M, select “Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College (LA).”
- Note: There is no fee for this workshop since you are affiliated with an LSU institution. Ensure you select “dedicated training” when registering. You should not be prompted to pay.
2. If you haven’t completed this in the first step, be sure to agree to the Quality Matters (QM) Participant Confidentiality and Limited License Agreement.
- See the QM Complete Confidentiality Agreement document for instructions.